- We Have Moved
19th March 2009
- At Market Is Coming!
3rd December 2008
- Selsey Sea Festival - Local Produce Makes Its Mark
28th July 2008
- Meet Us at the Selsey Sea Festival - July 5th 2008
13th June 2008
- Butter Market News Is No News
23rd May 2008
- Chichester Lets the Council Know its True Feelings
24th April 2008
- My Open Letter to Chichester's Mayor
17th March 2008
- Time to reflect
1st January 2008
- A letter to the Observer
4th December 2007
- The community option for the Chichester Butter Market
23rd October 2007
Meet Us at the Selsey Sea Festival - July 5th 2008
Come and meet us in Selsey on Saturday July 5th 2008.
As part of the Selsey Sea Festival, we’re going to showcase a range of locally sourced produce - all for sale at ‘market prices’. Keep coming back for updates but at the moment our confirmed line-up includes:
- A spit roast hog from Goodwood Estates - accompanied by Goodwood sausages barbecued to perfection;
- A range of ketchups and sauces from The Relish in Spice Company
- Buns, baps, and scones from The Village Bakery
- Various locally made cakes
- Local Selsey fish served in our Sushi Bar.
You’ll have no problem finding something to keep you going throughout the day.
If you know any local producers - or you are one! - who might like to sell goods at our pitch on the day, please get in touch by sending an email to julietATjulietweymouthDOTwanadooDOTcoDOTuk with your details. As with our plans for the Butter Market, we’ll happily sell your produce on a sale-or-return basis for a simple tolling fee (i.e. you only pay commission on what is sold).
In addition to serving superb food, we’ve arranged for a variety of entertainment to keep old and young alike amused:
- CHEF CLOWN - A Modern Day Clown, who does juggling with vegetables, clowning, alongside educational instruction for young people about healthy eating and food.
- BALLOON MODELER - A fun and fabulous balloon modeler will be on hand to create farmyard animals, chef’s hats, fruit bowls and more.
- FELIX BRENT THE ENGLISH GENT - This English gentleman will bid you ‘Good Day’ as he cycles past you on his Victorian Penny Farthing. Watch his clever tricks as he masters the difficult are of riding this old-fashioned bicycle.
- VICTORIAN LADY - This beautifully tall and elegant lady will gladly stop and pass the time of day, as she elegantly strolls past you on her stilts.
- VICTORIAN THEMED WALKABOUT CHARACTER - With plenty of interesting facts about the local produce, this Victorian character has a wealth of information and unusual facts. Make sure you check out what she has in her pram!
- FOOD-FUN ART TABLE - Get creative with the help of our fabulous art worker, who can help you create all sorts of exciting things, including your own plates of food using model magic and salt dough, still life pictures framed with banana and fruit shapes, potato people, and pepper prints!
There’s a serious side to all this, of course. Not only are we hoping to raise the profile of local produce and producers but also, we’re going to have an announcement about the future of local food in the Chichester area. If you can’t make it on the day, you’ll just have to wait until we put the news up here on the blog!
The following will also be present on the site as part of the festival itself:
- A Live Blues/Rock band
- Children’s Fancy Dress
- A Dog Show
- A Fishing Competition - with a first prize of £150
- A Classic Car and Motorbike Show – we expect more than 30 vehicles
- A Dancing Demonstration
It looks like being a great day out. Make sure you’re there.